This recipe is so simple, I can’t even call it a recipe! It’s just one ingredient and your edible cup is created!! This is the perfect way to get creative and make delicious snacks with minimal effort. All you need are some thin tortillas, an air fryer, your favorite yogurt and some toppings!
– Thin tortillas
– Yogurt of your choice
1. Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
2. Cut each tortilla into smaller circles to fit your baking dish. Spray the tortilla cups.
3. Place each tortilla circle in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
4. Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and remove tortilla cups from your baking dish.
5. Scoop yogurt of your choice onto each cup, making sure to fill it up completely and leave a little extra for topping if desired.
6. Serve with your favorite toppings like granola, fresh fruit, honey or chocolate chips!
Recipe Tips & Variations:
– For an extra crunchy texture, sprinkle some crushed nuts or seeds on top of the yogurt before serving.
– If you want to keep it plant based, use a non-dairy yogurt like coconut or almond milk yogurt.
– To make these cups even more flavorful, add your favorite spices and herbs like cinnamon, nutmeg or all spice.
– For a sweet treat, drizzle some honey over the filled cups.
– Use different kinds of tortillas for variety – wheat, sourdough and gluten free.
– Get creative with different types of fillings – try adding peanut butter and jelly or cream cheese and jam to make delicious breakfast cups.
– Use these as a base for mini pizzas – just add some pizza sauce and cheese to create an easy snack or appetizer.
– If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake the tortillas in a preheated oven at 350°F for 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Swap out the yogurt for ricotta cheese to make a savory option.- Use hummus instead of yogurt for a protein packed snack.
- Try adding some cooked quinoa or lentils for extra crunch and texture.
- Add in some shredded veggies like carrots, zucchini or bell peppers for added nutrition.
Q: Can I make these tortilla cups in advance?
A: Yes, you can definitely make the tortilla cups ahead of time and store them in an airtight container until ready to use. Just keep in mind that they will not be as crunchy when reheated.
Q: Can I bake these instead of using an air fryer?
A: Absolutely! Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake the tortilla circles for 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Q: Are there any dairy free options for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can easily make these yogurt tortilla cups dairy free by using a non-dairy yogurt like coconut or almond milk yogurt. You can also use hummus or ricotta cheese for a tasty and protein-packed snack.
Q: Can I make this recipe with different types of tortillas?
A: Absolutely! You can use wheat, spinach and garlic tortillas to add some flavor and variety to your cups. Have fun experimenting with different types of fillings for a more interesting snack!
Q: Can I freeze these yogurt tortilla cups?
A: Yes, you can definitely freeze the filled and cooked tortilla cups. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Q: What are some topping suggestions?
A: You can top these tortilla cups with a variety of delicious toppings like granola, fresh fruit, honey, chocolate chips or even crushed nuts or seeds. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different combinations!
Q: How do I store these cups after cooking?
A: Once cooked, you can store the yogurt tortilla cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat them before eating for a delicious and crunchy snack! Enjoy!
Q: What is the best way to reheat these cups?
A: The best way to reheat the yogurt tortilla cups is in an air fryer or preheated oven at 350°F for a few minutes, until lightly golden and crunchy.
These air fryer yogurt tortilla cups make a delicious, easy and healthy snack that can be enjoyed any time of day! With a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch in no time and get creative with different fillings and toppings. Plus, they are freezer-friendly so you can always keep some on hand for whenever hunger strikes!
Air Fryer Yogurt Tortilla Cups
- 2 Thin tortillas
- 1½ cups Yogurt of your choice
- Toppings of choice berries, granola, shaved chocolate
- Spray oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Cut each tortilla into smaller circles to fit your baking dish.
- Spray the tortilla cups.
- Place each tortilla circle in the air fryer basket and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and remove tortilla cups from your baking dish.
- Scoop yogurt of your choice onto each cup, making sure to fill it up completely and leave a little extra for topping if desired.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like granola, fresh fruit, honey or chocolate chips!