Husband: “These taste like fried chicken wings from a Chinese restaurant”
To get a stamp of approval from hubby makes me so chuffed! As he loves Chinese food!
You can make these too! With only three ingredients , you can make some delicious air fryer fried chicken wings.
Why baking powder?
Baking powder helps crisp up the chicken wings and gives it an even coating. This is because baking powder will react with the moisture of the chicken wings, causing it to bubble and crisp up.
What makes the perfect air fryer chicken wing:
The crispy finish. There is a lot of sin on wings – no one like it soggy!
So crisping it up is of maxium importance! I find the air fryer keep the meat succulent, tender and cooked through, but not dry! Whilst the edges all have a crunch!
How to get a crispy finish on chicken wings
- Baking powder – what I have used today – this helps the skin crisp up and it also helps to make them nice and golden.
- All purpose flour – this helps to stick the seasonings onto the wings and is a great method for getting a crispy finish on chicken wings.
- Egg + breadcrumbs – this is manys’ preferred method for getting a crispy chicken wing as the egg helps the breadcrumbs to stick and the breadcrumbs add an extra crunch.
- No coating! Wings are high fat, so they can be cooked without any extra coating. Just use a spray oil to ensure they don’t stick and cook until golden brown.
For today we will be using baking powder!
– Chicken wings
– Baking Powder
1. Preheat your air fryer to 375F (190C).
2. Mix salt and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together well until combined.
3. Rub the mixture over the chicken wings
4. Make sure each piece is evenly coated with seasoning mix.
5. Place the chicken wings into basket of air fryer and cook for 15 minutes, flipping them half-way through cooking time.
6. Once cooked, turn on high heat setting for 4 minutes or until skin becomes crispy golden brown color you desire!
7. Serve warm with dipping sauce of choice! Enjoy!
– If you’d like to spice up your wings a bit, feel free to add some paprika and garlic powder for extra flavor.
– Honey or maple syrup also make great additions to the seasoning mix for sweet and savory wings.
– For those who are gluten intolerant, cornstarch can be used as an alternative to regular baking powder.
– Try other seasonings like Italian herbs or Cajun spices for more variety!
– Make sure to coat your wings as evenly as possible with the seasoning mix.
– Preheating your air fryer is key for achieving perfectly crispy chicken wings!
– If you’re using a sauce, brush it onto the wings towards the end of cooking time so the sauce doesn’t burn.
– Let your wings rest for a few minutes before serving to ensure they stay crispy and juicy.
Q: Can I use frozen chicken wings?
A: Yes, you can! Just make sure they are completely thawed before seasoning and cooking.
Q: How long should I cook my chicken wings in the air fryer?
A: Depending on the size of your chicken wings, it’s best to cook them for 15 minutes at 375F (190C) with flipping them half-way through. You may also need an additional 4 minutes on high heat setting for extra crispiness.
Q: Can I bake these wings in the oven?
A: Absolutely! Preheat your oven to 375F (190C) and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping them half-way through cooking time.
Q: What should I serve these wings with?
A: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and sides like potato wedges, coleslaw or a green salad! Enjoy.
Q: How long can I store these wings?
A: The cooked wings can keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, pop them back into the air fryer or oven until crispy and hot!
Q: How many wings can I fit in the air fryer?
A: It depends on the size of your air fryer, but generally it’s best to cook them in batches for even cooking.
Q: Can I add more seasoning if desired?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and spices to make your wings extra flavorful. Enjoy!
Q: How do I know when the wings are done?
A: Check to see if the skin has become nice and golden. The chicken should also be cooked through fully and no longer pink in the middle. Use a food thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165F (74C). Enjoy!
Q: Can I use other cuts of chicken?
A: Yes, you can! Chicken thighs, drumsticks or chicken tenders all work well with this recipe. Just make sure to adjust cooking time if needed.
So there you have it! The perfect air fryer chicken wing recipe! Enjoy these delicious golden brown wings with your favorite dipping sauce and sides. Trust us when we say — you won’t regret it! Happy cooking!
3 ingredient air fryer fried chicken wings
- 1 lb Chicken wings
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F (190C).
- Mix salt and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together well until combined.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken wings, making sure each piece is evenly coated with seasoning mix. It should not be dry and powdery – if it is add a little oil.
- Place the chicken wings into basket of air fryer and cook for 15 minutes, flipping them half-way through cooking time.
- Once cooked, turn on high heat setting for 4 minutes or until skin becomes crispy golden brown color you desire!
- Serve warm with dipping sauce of choice! Enjoy!